We opened Bandidas with the hope of creating a platform from which we could meaningfully act for human rights and environmental protection. One of our core mandates is to share profits with social causes, donate food/gift certificates to community initiatives, and host in-house fundraisers. As our business has grown, our ability to give back has grown and evolved as well.
Below is a summary of our yearly giving and fundraising efforts. It's our way of reporting back to our customers, whose (often frequent!) burrito dollars make these contributions possible. We hope this page can also act as a bit of a guide for the many wonderful things going on in our community that are worthy of attention and support.
Any sponsorship or donation inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.
We have an ongoing partnership with RAVEN Trust.
Donate through our Team pages BELOW and get a tax receipt.
March 8 - International Women's Day Fundraiser at Bandidas
- We threw a collaborative fundraiser & art show at the restaurant and donated $3625 to local and national organizations serving women: WAVAW / Safe Teen / Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre / Sheway / Equal Voice / Canadian Council of Muslim Women / Native Women’s Association of Canada / Egale Canada
April 22 - Earth DAY Fundraiser at Bandidas
- We threw our 2nd annual collaborative fundraiser & student art show at the restaurant and donated $6866 to RAVEN Trust's Step up for Coast Heroes Campaign, their Pull Together campaign, and the Classroom Gardener
June 21 - National Indigenous People's Day
- We threw our first ever fundraiser & art show for National Indigenous Peoples Day. $3638 was raised for RAVEN Trust's Step up for Coast Heroes Campaign, their Pull Together campaign, Reconciliation Canada, and the Stop KM Legal Defence Fund.
- Art is still for sale by donation and by silent auction until the end of July 2018
2018 Other significant donations
- May 2018 - donation to the Stop KM Legal Defence Fund, a fund which covers legal defence costs stemming from civil disobedience in opposition to the Trans Mountain Pipeline extension. The money came from sales (100% of proceeds), additional donations, and tips collected by the Bandidas Food Truck at the #noKMbailout Rally at Science World on May 19th, 2018.
- December 2018 - Forthcoming (to be determined by staff vote)
- Our Ronny Russell T-shirt sales partially support the Downtown Eastside Women's Centre
2018: In addition to our in-house fundraising, we've supported the following businesses and initiatives with donations of food, money, or other resources:
Vancouver Daffodil Dash / SFU Cheerleading Awards Banquet / Story Story Lie / Cedar Cottage Community Fundraising Festival / SFU Charity Golf Tournament for BC Children's Hospital / Young Women in Business / Verses Festival of Words / Lord Beaconsfield Spring Carnival / Gear to Give Fundraiser / Positive Living Society of BC Volunteer Appreciation Event / Nanny Jamboree / Plea Community Services' Love Who You Love Fundraiser / Save the Rio Campaign / Linda Wong for the Canadian Cancer Society / Dragon Boat BC Gala / Love and Light Gathering / First Call Gala / Lord Selkirk Elementary School Silent Auction / Mount Pleasant Family Centre Society Fundraiser / Multiservices Vancouver Sleep Out Team for Covenant House / Evans Lake Forest Education Society Silent Auction / Brian Saunders + Campagnolo fundraiser: Charity Dinner Benefiting Adolescent Apiculture Education / First Call Gala / Meal Exchange Retreat / The KidSafe Project Society Golf Tournament / Growing Room: A Feminist Literary Festival / Vancouver Early Childhood Educators of BC fundraiser for Let's Talk / Northwest Wildlife Preservation Society Martini Fundraiser Night / 411 Seniors Centre Society Volunteer Appreciation Night / BCIT Tourism Marketing Management Scholarship - Silent Auction / TFC Volleyball Leagues / Queen Victoria Spring Festival / CoDevSilent Auction / Yoga Outreach Society 17th Annual Fundraising Retreat / Girls Rock Camp Vancouver / Vancouver Fringe Festival / McSpadden County Fair / MAD Sea Conservation Project / Disability Alliance BC "Fall Fling" Fundraiser / Forest and the Femme Secret Garden Fundraiser / Diabetes Canada John Bowles Memorial Golf Tournament / Vancouver Pride Society / Vancouver Animal Emergency and Referral Centre Paw it Forward Fundraiser / Squamish Climate Action Network Fundraiser / 4th annual African Descent Festival / ZLC Foundation Golf Tournament to Support Coastal Mental Health / Buy-Low Foods Vintage Market to support Variety / The Cultch Volunteer Appreciation Event / Save Talent Time Indiegogo Campaign / McLaren Housing Society Fundraiser / Staircase Theatre fundraiser / Pathfinder Youth Centre Society "Fiesta Blanca" fundraiser / Open Air Orchestra Society / FUSE Society BC Business Pitch Event / L'Ecole Bilingue Elementary School Welcome Back Barbecue Fundraiser
JANUARY 20th - inauguration day - FIREWEED FUNDRAISER & Collaborative Art Show
- We threw a collaborative fundraiser & art show (51 pieces from 32 artists) at the restaurant and donated $4000 to organizations which were likely to be left vulnerable under a Trump presidency: Planned Parenthood / Standing Rock / RAVEN Trust / Sierra Club / NAACP / DREDF / RAINN / QMunity / HRC / Native American Rights Fund
April 22nd - Earth DAY Fundraiser, student art show & sidewalk festival
- We threw our 1st annual collaborative fundraiser & student art show at the restaurant and donated $3660 to RAVEN Trust's Pull Together campaign, an initiative which helps indigenous communities fight for environmental protection by offsetting their legal costs. This particular campaign targets the fight against the Kinder Morgan pipeline.
2017 Other significant donations
- Summer 2017 - MOSAIC (determined by staff vote)
- June 2017 - G Day
- August 2017 - donation to MOSAIC & ACLU in response to the Charlottesville Rally (donation was matched by The Lido!)
- October 2017 - California Programs for the Autistic
- December 2017 - RAVEN Trust (determined by staff vote)
- Our Ronny Russell T-shirt sales partially support the Downtown Eastside Women's Centre
2017: In addition to our in-house fundraising, we supported the following businesses and initiatives with donations of food, money, or other resources:
Positive Living Society of BC Volunteer Appreciation Event / CiTR Fundrive Silent Auction / SFU Business Speaking Club / Cedar Cottage Community Fundraising Festival / The KidSafe Project Society Golf Tournament / SFU Charity Golf Tournament for BC Children's Hospital / Verses Festival of Words / UBC YOURS Student Association / Leverage Lab / Arts Club Theatre Silent Auction / Diabetes Canada's Midsummer's Eve / VAST Fundraiser / Canuck's Autism Network Family Festival / SFU Cheerleading Awards Banquet / Arts Umbrella Benefit / North Shore Men's Baseball Association Fall Fundraiser / Linda Wong for the Canadian Cancer Society / CoDev Silent Auction / Evans Lake Trivia Fundraiser / Windsor House Online Auction / Positive Living Society of BC Volunteer Appreciation Event / Cedar Cottage Community Garden Spring Fling / Lord Beaconsfield Spring Carnival / Blind Beginnings Gala / Pathfinder Youth Centre Society Gala / Parent Support Services Society of BC's Grandparents' Day Stroll / Queen Victoria Annex Spring Festival / McLaren Housing Society Fundraiser / Kickstand Community Bikes / Canadian Parks & Wilderness Society Volunteer Recognition / Vancouver Fringe Festival / McSpadden County Fair / Pacifica Treatment Centre Fundraiser / Matthew Fenrich's Ride to Conquer Cancer / Family Services of Greater Vancouver / Dragon Boat BC Gala / CFCS Uganda Project / Dutch Cycling Embassy / Vancouver Minor Hockey Association Fundraiser / Vancouver Fringe Festival / Vancouver Fringe Festival / Vancouver Meatless Meetup's Compassionate Thanksgiving Potluck / Wigs for Kids BC Fundraiser / Confederation Park Elementary School Art Show and Auction / Pivot Foundation Fundraiser / Spinal Cord Injury BC Online Holiday Auction / Fluff Design's Fundraiser for Saint James Music Academy / Urban Fitness Club's fundraiser for PLEA Holiday Hamper Campaign / World AIDS Day Fundraiser at St. Paul's Hospital / Windsor House Online Auction / Lord Selkirk Annex Christmas Fundraising Raffle / Society Protecting Environmental Conservation Volunteer Appreciation / Hearts on Noses / UBC Yours Student Association / First Call Gala / Animal Justice Holiday Party / Young Women in Business / UBC Oncology Program Research Day / Absinthe Bistro's fundraiser for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank / Talent Time at the Rio Theatre / Viajando con Pulgas at Great Bear Pub / Rotary Club of West Van
2009 - 2016
We've tried to be an active part of our community since the beginning through donations of both food and finances, but we've only recently come up with a system for tracking things.
Thanks for your patience with us as we grow. :)